Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Humpday Entertainment presents: A Reality

A Reality
By
Tion Terrell

A Reality
I wonder If you like your world.


I don't like the world very much, but mine isn't the same as yours is it.

Isn't it amazing that we can all create our own realities and still not like them?

Give it some thought.

We can all choose to be whoever, or whatever, we choose, but most of us still aren't happy.

And why do so many of us believe, I'm okay, but you are not?

You never will be until you are what I think you should be.

I have prejudices but you have no right to judge me.

Go ahead admit it.

Many think I can't be a good person because I went to prison for doing the things I learned to do while growing up in a household with alcoholics, drug addicts, gamblers and whoremongers.

I guess its MY fault that I was abused neglected and molested.

But, I'm not whining.

Truth is, I like the way I turned out.

Well...almost.

I have a good job....but I can't quit smoking.

I think I'm handsome....But I do have a potbelly.

I've accomplished alot in the year I've been out of prison. I'm a changed man. But I'm not rich yet.

And how come nobody understands me but poets and shrinks.

I feel like an alien.

No... Thats not right.

My life is like "Planet of the Apes."

I went to prison and came back to see that I missed out on evolution.

The self-righteous mindless puppets have multiplied.

Most of the blacks seem to be content living like a subspecies.

People treat pets better than relatives.

The clear thinkers are the people we call crazy.

Oh...but wait a minute. Isn't your world like that too?...Isn't it?

Do you like it more or less after seeing it through my eyes.

So what are you going to do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment