Monday, January 10, 2011

Romantic Monday Issue 1 Art. 4: Dedication

No sane person would doubt my love for you.
I've gone to great lengths to show and express it.
Even now, when my heart hurts because of the trials I endure to work on us, it is still overflowing with love for you.
There truly isn't much I wouldn't do for you lover.
Yet, I'm afraid you don't know that.
So many times I've swallowed my convictions to see your smile.
I've even forfeited my dignity and surrendered my self respect.
I make these assertions not to complain, but to remind you of the sacrifices I've made to make you happy.
I don't know what it is about your love that overpowers me so greatly.
But I do know I love it.
I get kicked around, and stepped on.
I get abused and humiliated.
Not by you of course.
We know it is those who think I am not good enough.
I've wanted to leave this town for some time now.
But doing so would mean leaving you, because I can't afford to take you with me were I to leave at this time.
That I can not do!
So here I shall remain until my hard work culminates in the success I strive for.
I'm not sure if this is what is best for me, but I know I can't live without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment