Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Big Thing In my Town

In this blog, I often discuss my experiences at church. Well, this has been the most exciting week of my life. We've decided to pursue arranging a talent show that will be open to the public and we would like to see the youth of Collinsville showcase their talents. The event will benefit the Collinsville Area Ministerial Association (CAMA). A charity that distributes tons of food to the needy as well as provide financial relief.

I care a lot about my church because, as I explained previously, they've always been there for me from the time I landed here with nothing but the clothes on my back. CAMA's operations take place there too. So, of course we intend to have this talent show in the Fellowship Hall. We'll even serve free food and drinks during the show. It has yet to be decided what the prizes will be for the best acts.

As it stands, we expect this to be one of the biggest events of next spring. Already, we have commitments from the Collinsville Connection, the Collinsville Jaycees, Domino's Pizza, Premier Martial Arts, and several very talented members of our church.

This event really means a lot to me because it's hard for me to imagine where I'd be if it wasn't for all the help I received from the church and from CAMA. I mean here I am, a little more than four months free of prison, and I've been able to dig myself out of a hole and be empowered to participate in arranging something so big and so meaningful. That's about all the proof I need to give.

I learn to love the town of Collinsville more and more each day. It feels good to travel its streets and know I have an opportunity to help build an event that would help so many people. There was also the part about all the fun we're going to have to get me through the headaches that come with being chairman of the committee that is planning this event.

Since I can't work my regular job with a broken wrist, and I won't start my new job until it heals, I've spent most of my week preparing for this big event. CAMA now has a FaceBook page under the name Micheal Watkins. In your friends search, choose the home town of Collinsville to find the page. It's open to the public.

I encourage everyone from Collinsville to check it out. The organization could use volunteers of all types if anyone is interested in aiding a great cause.

Always real;

Supaman Tion Terrell

No comments:

Post a Comment