Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Messages Project

I promised the following post yesterday. Unfortunately, my computer went down yesterday, and it was too late to go to the library. So, I'm posting my feelings towards the Messages Project today.

It took me a while to decide whether I would support this organization. I don't risk my reputation on just anyone. What concerned me the most was the idea of the possibility it isn't what it says it is. Well, I was rather impressed that CNN has awarded them twice in a row. So I decided to watch the show.

While watching the video now linked to my Facebook wall, I realized this is an opportunity to give incarcerated persons a reason to get their lives together. Believe me. I know how far a little inspiration will go.

I've always written about the importance of giving convicts a means to find peace within themselves. That must come with forgiveness. Forgiveness must begin with forgiving one's self. It's hard to do that when you have children out there whom you haven't apologized to. I've shared in previous posts what torment this was for me. Had I had this opportunity while I was in prison, I know I'd be much better off than I am now.

Not that I'm doing bad, mind you.

The video can also be viewed at www.themessagesproject.com

I encourage you all to watch this video. I'm not asking you for money. Most of you know I give money away if a new reader doesn't like this blog. I simply ask you to take the time to learn about a project that will improve the lives of convicts for the better.

I could go on about the potential benefit of this organization's efforts, but that would be futile. The proof is in the pudding. Besides, I'm quite good at stating my case.

I expected Carolyn Lecroy to contribute to this piece, but I'm having difficulties with that. One of these days I'll figure out how to use all the technology at my disposal, and I won't have all these problems. It gets frustrating, but I have done well for a man fresh out of prison. I could take more time to learn all my new computer's functions, but it's hard working three jobs and keeping up with all my other responsibilities.

I believe this post will serve both her and my purpose. You all know that the organization is here and how it can inspire prisoners to better themselves. That's what we all want right?

Always real;

Supaman Tion Terrell

No comments:

Post a Comment