Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Legacy Books and Cafe



I first visited Legacy Books and Cafe to conduct a marketing meeting with Kevin McCameron, Slam Master of the St Louis Poetry Slam, and a couple of associate was surprised to learn an Open Mic Night would soon be underway. I decided to perform since I was there.

After the meeting ended, I met the owner of the Legacy.  J. Nicks is a well mannered man remeniscent of the gentle elders from my childhood in the south. I also met MK Stallings who organizes the open Mic Nights and Slam Poetry competition (all on Fridays.)

The caliber of talent I experienced was phenominal. I often asked myself, "How many of these performers will be stars if they get the right management?"

The most impressive thing about the night was that the event, like each Friday night at the Legacy, was a fundraiser for Urban Artist Alliance for Child Development, Inc. (UAACD). UAACD is incorporated in the state of Missouri, is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit corporation formed for the purpose of enhancing the social and cultural well-being of young people through arts and education.

I'm honored to be amongst those who do such great work. I expect to learn a great deal from the performers and activists involved with Legacy. I will return often to enjoy the classy atmosphere and the outrageously comical MC Louis Confliction. There is even a full service bar and a cafe with quick tasty made to order dishes.

Of Course, I intend to put quite a few additional Slam Poetry victories under my belt as well.

Always real;
Supaman Tion Terrell

No comments:

Post a Comment