Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Prison That Shows Men Dignity in Life and in Death ?

I just read an article a friend xeroxed for me about Warden Burl Cain who oversees Louisiana State Penitentiary. According to this article Warden Cain is rhetorically granted Saint Hood because he turned America's largest super maximun security prison into a place of peace, dignity, and growth with a special emphasis on Christianity.

I was shocked to read this. My friend thought it would help inmates if we activists push other prisons to follow Warden Cain's example.

Me, I'm a little skeptical.

If everything I read in the article is true, I have to hear it from the inmates themselves. Prison wardens are virtually farmers. They herd people like ranchers herd cattle. I have seen many inmates get abused at the behest of prison security personnel and sometimes the top brass. I know the wardens and those closest to them are never officially made aware of these occurrences. Medical personnel sometimes minimize the extent of the injuries suffered upon abused inmates.

I'm not saying all prisons operate this way, But I've seen many that do.

So, I ask all of you who are in Angola to speak now or forever hold your peace.

If any of you know someone who is in Angola have them write me at the following address:

Tion Terrell
1099 F Beltline Rd
PMB 22
Collinsville, IL 62234

Lets find out if we are getting snow jobbed again by the media and those who control it. If I am wrong, we really have found a place where others can learn to be better prison overseers.

We can't lose!

Always real:
Supaman Tion Terrell

4 comments:

  1. Freezulu.org has some words about Angola. I am sure Zulu and others will wake you and your friend up.
    There is a lot of "spin" involved in what wardens say, especially this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not everything what they write is true....yes do first a talk with the inmates themselves..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remain skeptical...very skeptical. And I know lots of the men at 'Gola and they will attest to the fact that Angola has changed...but not much and not in the way the public believes. Read God of the Rodeo and Cain's Redemption and then talk the men...there is a truth to be told.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone is afraid to take on warden Cain. Not everything is as it seems.

    ReplyDelete