Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Radio Interview Tomorrow 8pm (central time)

Yesterday, I received a call from Kevin W. Womble Sr (I Be the Wise) who informed me that he would like to have me be a guest on Blogtalk Radio. He was on my website at the time of the call. He was impressed by my ability to achieve so much in less than a year after my release.

I was so ecstatic I can hardly remember what was said during the discourse.

Tomorrow at 8pm (central time), I will be a guest on the www.blogtalkradio.com/ibthewise1 Internet Radio Show. I will be discussing the steps taken that have lead to my successes as well as my failures. Listeners can call in to ask questions during the interview as well. I suggest that anyone who has a loved one who will be returning to society, and any ex-con who has recently done so, listen to this show. Also, The Hard Journey Home is a must read for people in either situation, as well as the incarcerated persons who will be reentering society. The book can be ordered prebublication at http://www.supamanscribes.com/ .

I'm a little nervous (which hasn't happened since my release.) When I set the goal to prove to the world that anyone can be whatever they want to be despite their past, I really didn't understand everything that I would have to do to prove my point. My ignorance does not discourage me. I see it as growth opportunity. There is still a lot I need to learn and I won't learn anything by being afraid.

I've done public speaking and live radio commercials before, but this interview will be the first of it's magnitude since my release. I'm a bit out of practice after ten years of prison. I feel so many emotions it is hard for me to write this post.

Regardless of the emotional storm I'm enduring, I can't forget to give credit to those who supported me when I was just another ex-con with seemingly nothing to offer society but continued criminal behavior. I named these persons on my website  http://www.supamanscribes.com/ ,but I still have to include First United Presbyterian Church of Collinsville and also Pastor Mike Watkins of CAMA's Helping Hands Ministries who have supported me and still tolerate me after I've been such a hassle due to the ignorance mentioned above. First and foremost however I must give credit to God though I doubt my spiritual beliefs are compatible with most people's.

This morning I will head off to work wearing a nervous smile because though I've fallen way short of God's and many people's expectations, I know I'm still doing many things right. The good works I do are still shining through and are opening doors I never imagined.

Always real;
Supaman Tion Terrell

6 comments:

  1. good luck with the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Tion & good luck tomorrow!!!! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of your accomplishments in this short of time. I can not even put into words the joy my dear friend. Blessings to you beyond measure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of your accomplishments in this short of time. I can not even put into words the joy my dear friend. Blessings to you beyond measure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congradulations nephew....Good luck today with your interview.

    ReplyDelete