Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Things Are Looking Up

Having won the St Louis Poetry Slam competition, I have a great deal of respect for the competitors. However,  the poets I've seen for the past two months have blown me away.

There are a lot of things I don't like to do.  One of them is to admit when I've been bested. I'm honest about these things however, so I must tell you I'm a little afraid of the guys I expect to compete against .
At my best I am still not a sure winner in tomorrows competition.

I get a real thrill from being my best. I can't say I've been there in a long time. Sometimes you forget your way and the wrong things somehow make the good things look less appealing to you. But, I'm only a human. Sometimes you have to face the music.

But that is what life is about. I want to be at my best again. I deserve it.

You all deserve it too.

Always real:

Supaman Tion Terrell

No comments:

Post a Comment