Saturday, July 3, 2010

My Independence

Technically speaking, today has been one of cleaning. It started with Facebook. I created a new page for my church. Also, I've created a new page for a charity organization that operates from my church. I spent most of the day correcting mistakes from those pages and editing Facebook. I removed myself from causes and groups that I don't have time to support fully. And, I joined a new group.

Up until now, I avoided the causes related to the death penalty. I stopped doing that today. My friend Angela Grobben helped me to see the need for fighting against the death penalty. Innocent people get murdered by the government. A government that chooses to kill people to teach people that killing is wrong. Of course, I've learned to expect such hypocrisy from the government.

It's funny how time and experience forces us to grow. The few friends that I have in this world are people I'm very grateful for. They force me to grow, change, and see myself for who I really am. They are even patient with my faults. Yet, they don't enable me. I can't ask for anything more.

I've written about the task I've taken on concerning my church and my community. The talent show I'm producing is coming along well. The pages I've built, "First United Presbyterian Church" and "Collinsville Area Ministerial Association (CAMA), look really good. I'm proud of them. The group I joined "Our Friends in Prison" has its work cut out for it. But, my being the tenacious man I am will do my best to accelerate its progress. I'll be adding essays to the website periodically.

What can I say? I am Supaman after all.

I have duties to my household, my community, and society as a whole. Today, I figured out how to fulfill my obligations to all three. I'll even be joining the Collinsville Jaycees next week.

I'm thankful for all the support, advice, guidance and encouragement that has pushed me to this point.

I love you my friends. Now, I ask that you continue to be here for me, and that you try to keep up as I run full speed ahead just as I have since they let me out of the hell they call prison.

Special thanks to Debbie Nichols, Steve and Jerie Artz, Michael Watkins, Jed Robbins, Wil Maosa, Angela Grobben, Alexandra Alexander-Schroder, Inoxa Datura, Alex Dow, Linda Kunz, Bernie and Jo Kunz, Clare Allington, Sheila Rule, Jeff Wavruneck, Suzanne Johnson, Allyson Burr, Sarah Ross, Alan Bogovich, Crystal, Sharron and Josh Titsworth and many others.

I love you all.

Always real;

Supaman Tion B. Terrell

2 comments:

  1. I want to thank you myself for all that you do, Not just by posting the blogs that you do, But everything in General and keeping yourself busy by helping others. Thank You Supaman Tion B. Terrell

    ~Carol Barnes~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Terrel:

    A reply to your two issues with the death penalty.

    "The Death Penalty: More Protection for Innocents"
    http://homicidesurvivors.com/2009/07/05/the-death-penalty-more-protection-for-innocents.aspx

    "Killing equals Killing: The Amoral Confusion of Death Penalty Opponents"
    http://homicidesurvivors.com/2009/02/01/murder-and-execution--very-distinct-moral-differences--new-mexico.aspx

    "The Innocent Executed: Deception & Death Penalty Opponents"
    http://homicidesurvivors.com/2009/10/08/the-innocent-executed-deception--death-penalty-opponents--draft.aspx

    ReplyDelete