Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Touching Realization


I told my Facebook friends that I'd been labeled a troublemaker in the town of Collinsville, IL. I learned of this about a week ago when Doug, co-owner of Johnny's Sidebar told me that he'd received a phone call from a woman who asked him if he knew a black man named Terrell was hanging outside his bar and if he knew that I was a trouble maker. He asked her why she felt this way. She answered that she works for Madison County and that she knows I'm a troublemaker.

Like any real man would, Doug asked me what it was all about. I explained the things I wrote about in "What You Asked For" post date: May 13th, 2010.

Well, last night, I headed out to St. Louis to compete in the St. Louis Poetry Slam competition. However, I ran into bad traffic that prohibited my arriving on time. I turned around and went back to Johnny's Sidebar to perform on the open mic hosted there each Wednesday. I do it quite often.

When I arrived, I told Doug about my bad luck. He shrugged and told me to hop on stage.

Now, before I go on, let me state that Doug not only accepted me from the very beginning while knowing my past, he ignored the slanderous remarks of a county official. Still, even more touching is the fact that he relinquished profit on more than one occasion.

How many businessmen do you know of who would do that for someone who is not liked by more than one official of the city wherein he does business?

I didn't realize the significance of our friendship until today. He wasn't even included in the previous post "Bliss" I dedicated to my friends.

So this one's for you Doug. Yours is the first picture to ever be displayed in a post here at "Supaman says:" You too Johnny (Doug's brother and co-owner.) I'm proud to say I know you two. I wish you guys the best of fortune in all your ventures.

I want my Collinsville readers to know we really do have a lot of fun on Wednesdays. If any of you care to go to my Facebook page to see photos of "Killer Drifter ," they are in my newest Photo album "Johnny's Sidebar". I just wanted to give you a glimpse of some of the interesting talent displayed during open mic night.

Always real;
Supaman Tion Terrell

No comments:

Post a Comment