Monday, December 6, 2010

Progress Report

The Holiday Art and Author's Festival was a wonderful experience. I met many great people for the first time. Food sales weren't what I expected so I lost money on the investment in that, but that wasn't the worst part. My books didn't arrive from the printer.

I attended an author's fair w/o any books to sell. How weird is that?

I enjoyed myself though. Discourses varied from writing to sociology to religion. I never thought I could learn so much in one day.

It was quite humbling.

Now that that part of my journey is over with, I can get back to activism projects. Which reminds me of the shock I find at not having had significant sales of The Hard Journey Home. After all, almost all of my 400+ Facebook friends are in some form of relationship with someone in prison. One would think these people would jump on the chance to buy books that will help the prisoners in their lives better themselves. Plus, the proceeds from sales will benefit activist groups.

I guess this goes to show one can never count your chickens before they hatch.

Things like this can be disconcerting. I work hard at this and the progressess are very slow in coming. I'm a fighter though. I have to keep going. I was giving the gift of intellect and experience, so I must do the job I am suited to do. I don't think I could live with myself if I gave up. I have to admit I've come close though.

One thing at a time is about all I can do. I have a hard time understanding why attempts to create the resource list U.C.A.P. Support Group have received so little input. It's not like it's hard to add an address or two to a forum so that people would be able to find help easier in the future. I've had so many people make promises to do certain things, but very few of them have come through.

I understand better now why this fight has made so little progress. It breaks my heart. I'm resolved to do this though. Even if I have to do this by myself. 

Always real;

Supaman Tion Terrell

2 comments:

  1. Tion, Don't give up, I know it gets frustrating sometimes and sometimes it seems that you're all alone in the struggle, but you're not. There are many people out there, like you, that are trying to make a difference. And besides you better not give up, because you are my success story to the kids at the prison!! Knowing that you did it gives them hope for their future! Your story is wonderful and it needs to be told! Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tion,You are an inspiration for the many who have been incarcerated & for those who await their release~your inner strength & dedication to help others,in sharing your experiences & your heartfelt passion to create an avenue of help,to gain hope,knowing they can succeed!Your caring words, in reaching out to those who need direction after release~~Thank you for keeping "hope" alive for the many incarcerated~~Families need to send your book to their loved ones in prison~~

    ReplyDelete