Monday, August 16, 2010

Ignore the Haters

I got some hater comments on yesterday's blog post. I expected them to come sooner or later. There has never been a successful person who hasn't had their share of them.

I had to laugh at it.

I have too much to do in life to worry about what other people choose to think about me. It's a shame that living up to my potential can bring out the childishness in others.

I'm only writing about it because I always encourage others to live up to their potential too. Especially black people. When we do it, we have to be prepared for adversity and naysayers. We have to have every confidence in ourselves and our abilities. At the end of some days that may be all we have to strengthen us to fight on the next day.

It's sad but true.

I've been saying for a long time that the main difference between successful people and dreamers is that successful people build their success while dreamers only dream. Some people are afraid to even dream. Others dream and don't have the courage to pursue them. Others don't know how to pursue their dreams. Some don't bother to plan carefully and pursuing their dreams only leads to running around in circles and sabotaging themselves.

I want my readers to ask yourselves: "Are my dreams achievable?" If you believe they are after rationally looking at them and what it will take to accomplish them, then ask yourself: "What steps will I take to accomplish them?" Then take those steps.

We can be whoever we want to be and accomplish whatever we choose if we really know ourselves and understand what God truly expects from us. It's really quite simple.

Spend your time attending to your business and not everyone else's. If others choose to assert themselves in your business then utilize those who can help you and ignore the rest.

Mental energy should not be wasted. It is the most valuable asset we have. If we use our assets wisely, they can produce great success.

Always real;
Supaman Tion Terrell

1 comment:

  1. This is for you Tion:


    0

    Aerosmith

    Dream on:
    Every time that I look in the mirror,
    All these lines on my face getting clearer.
    The past is gone.
    It went by like dusk to dawn.
    Isn't that the way?
    Everybody's got their dues in life to pay.

    Yeah, I know nobody knows,
    Where it comes and where it goes.
    I know everybody sins.
    You got to lose to know-oh how to win.

    Half my life's in books' written pages,
    Live and learn from fools and from sages.
    You know it's true.
    All the things come back to you.

    Sing with me, sing for the year.
    Sing for the laughter, an' sing for the tear.
    Sing it with me, if it's just for today.
    Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away-ay-ay-ah.


    [Instrumental break.]

    Yeah, sing with me, sing for the year.
    Sing for the laughter, an' sing for the tear.
    Sing it with me, if it's just for today.
    Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away-ay-ay.

    Dream on, dream on, dream on,
    Dream until your dream come true.

    Dream on, dream on, dream on,
    Dream until your dream come true.

    Dream on, dream on, dream on, dream on.
    [Screaming:] Dream on, dream on, dream on, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

    [Singing:]
    Sing with me, sing for the year.
    Sing for the laughter, an' sing for the tear.
    Sing it with me, if it's just for today.
    Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away.

    Sing with me, sing for the year.
    Sing for the laughter, an' sing for the tear.
    Sing it with me, if it's just for today.
    Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away.


    All of this started as a dream!!







    1973. After the band's subsequent success, it was reissued as a single in
    1976 and became a hit, peaking #6 on the charts. Thanks to the song's
    popularity in 1976, the album reentered the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart
    and reached its peak at #21. Interestingly, the original 1973 cover had a
    misprint on the title of the song "Walkin' The Dog," spelling it "Walkin'
    The Dig." When the error was caught, the album was reissued and the error
    was corrected. The cover was replaced as well, substituting a bigger version
    of the band members' picture. This second pressing is the more commonly
    available version of the LP in the US. When reissued on CD in 1993, as a
    remastered version, the original first-pressing artwork was once again used.
    The song "Dream On" is part of the The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 500
    Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll list and it frequently rivals "Sweet
    Emotion" and "Walk This Way" for the honor of being Aerosmith's signature
    song.

    ReplyDelete