Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Real Deep Thought

Happy Mother' s Day ladies!

I had a beautiful day today. Church was nice. I always meet interesting and good people. Then I came home and grilled for the family. After eating gluttonously, I took the family's mothers out for an evening of bowling. I haven't been home a full hour yet.

I don't explain all this to serve as an excuse. I am simply allowing you to be a part of my life.

But, on to the topic of tonight's blog. I've seen many things that I simply forgot existed. One of them is homelessness. It's a shame that what is arguably the most powerful land in the world is also a place of many pitiful sub cultures.

The homeless are not just junkies and drunks my friends. They are children too. Children who may find themselves victims of predators who can do things to them that could ruin them for life. Predators we may see as upstanding lovable people.

Take it from someone who knows. I only write about things I know to be fact, either through personal experience or observation.

The women who sell their bodies often have children who shack up wherever they are told. When there is no place to stash small children the children may get to witness things you may not be able to imagine. What kind of adults do you think these children will grow up to be?

I share this with you as one example of why it takes a village to raise a child.

All the little unfortunate circumstances that we so eagerly ignore contribute to greater social destruction. All the so-called God-fearing institutions should be working together to make our world a better one. I can give so many examples of sickness in our society you'd get sick of me.
What are we really doing about them?

I'm not criticizing anyone. I guess you could see this as a warning. Do you really want to stand before your God without a ligitimate answer to my previous question.

Always real;
Supaman Tion Terrell

1 comment:

  1. Tion, This is Brett, a cashier from Wal-Mart. Thanks for giving me your card the other day. That is a good blog, man. You took some time with it, and it makes me think of the things we allow our children to see. Sometimes they are despicable. When a child sees his mother live the life of prostitution, what kind of child will he become? But even when we let our children see some of the vile programming on regular television stations, what kind of culture will they create? By passing off these morally destructive programs as acceptable, aren't we enabling and aiding?

    Your Wal-mart friend, Brett

    ReplyDelete