Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Sunday

Today has been a day of much reflecting. It started with worries that I'm not as effective as I could be. I realized I waste too much time on pursuits that aren't good for me in the first place.

Then I went to church. I sang in the choir as usual, but after our last song I left the pews and found a place where I could be to myself to pray and think. I came the conclusion that I allowed myself to lose focus. It was easy too. A person's desires can lead them along paths they shouldn't travel before you even know it's happening.

Even Supaman has his weaknesses.

I posted a quote on Face Book this morning that represented my mood. Prov 12:11 I have to travel to New York in September. I need some computer accessories. I need a car. I do have a good friend who is trying to help with this. Hi Sarah.

I'm not complaining. I just had to take some time out to work out a feasible plan to acquire these things. Prioritizing is a hard thing to do. Especially when your heart is caught in a whirlwind, but I'll address that problem when I can figure out a way to get it all into words without boring my readers.

Overall, I guess I feel pretty good. I'm looking forward to the St. Louis Poetry Slam on Wednesday. I have love in my life. I'm well on my way to accomplishing my goals. I can feel good about all I've accomplished in 3 months since I've been out of prison. I would have to be very ungrateful to complain about my life.

Its important that we all be conscious of the decisions we make. More importantly we have to learn from our mistakes. The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing while expecting different results.

Always real;
Supaman Tion Terrell

No comments:

Post a Comment