Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Personal Thoughts

Today has been a long one. I've had a lot on my mind since my publisher and I have had major disagreements. I don't know where that relationship is headed.

Each day I face I try to improve upon myself. Lately though it seems its hard to do the things I know are best for me. I have a lot on my plate that I'd rather not do. I haven't been writing much for one thing. I keep up with this blog because my readers deserve loyalty from me. You've noticed that I sometimes leave posts up for two days. I have these posts edited before sending links around with invitations to all my friends. I do this because its hard to edit my own work.

But anyway, having suffered so many disappointments recently, its been tempting to give in to potential distractions. I have been slacking in some ways. Its especially hard since I sometimes feel like a bird just freed from its cage. There are so many things I haven't done in about ten years.

I'm not one to beat myself up over mistakes. I try to learn from them and move on.

On the bright side, a job interview went well yesterday. This will make job #3 if I get hired. The real highlight of yesterday was a speech I gave at Unity Lutheran Christian Academy. I talked to 5th and 6th graders about the importance of the verse at Matthew 6:24. The first part of the speech was recorded (the school's recorder ran out of tape.) I'll share what was recorded as soon as a copy is sent to me.

It was good to be able to share the wisdom of my experiences with young people. That's what I set out to do when I started all this anyway. It would be cheesy to say "If I touched the lives of of the children I spoke to yesterday, then all my troubles have been worth it." But, cheesy or not, I kind of feel that way.

On the other hand, I have a lot of work to do yet. There is so much left to be done if I'm to be a positive influence on all those who need it. I know I can't reach everyone, but I guess I'll die trying.

Always real;
Supaman Tion Terrell

1 comment:

  1. Continue on, much work to be done. Khey don't give up on your goals let them remain fully intact. Focus on the fact that something very dark does not want you to succeed and reach the masses. Please know that your mind would be travesty to waste, so carry on and upward write,and voice your reflectiveness. It may just be the answer someone is looking for. Stay strong my brother from another mother. :)

    ReplyDelete