Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fun Last Night

I had a blast at the St. Louis Poetry Slam last night. The crowd was smaller than what I was told was the norm, but at least there weren't any ugly women there. In fact, that alone says a lot about the event.

The venue was The Focal Point. A cozy auditorium style structure with a stage up front. The hosts were energetic and humorous. Pretty good poets too.

I didn't compete. I judged instead. I recited a poem after the winner of the night was chosen. I think it was received well. Or, maybe the crowd was being courteous when they applauded me. You can never really be sure.

I'm returning next month to compete. The poetry I heard was thought provoking as well as entertaining. I have my work cut out for me, but I intend to make it to the national competition. I am Supaman after all.

I want to say "I love you." Thee are persons out there who know this applies to them, as well as how it applies to them. I don't need to say anything more about that.

Having said this, I can close. I'm tired my friends. I work really hard now-a-days, and I was up late last night. Good night my friends.

Always real,
Supaman Tion Terrell

No comments:

Post a Comment