Sunday, April 11, 2010

Who Should Your Children Trust

Dear Friends,

Before I get into the subject of today's post, I must ask my Facebook friends to stop replying to the messages I send with links to this site. I welcome all comments, messages, and suggestions. However, the messages I send out with links to this blog are on "thread." If you respond to these messages, please don't use the reply option on Facebook. Using the reply option sends your messages to everyone on the thread. Noone wants that. People are being upset by this. Already someone posted vulgar language on my wall, and one of my friends removed me from his friends list.

I use threads because they enable me to make coming to this site easier for all of you. I distribute links to many people this way. It helps me to avoid cluttering your walls, and it saves me a great deal of time.

All my readers are free to post things on my wall, or send me messages. You can even write me letters via mail. I must ask that you send a S.A.S.E. because I can't afford to write you all.

Tion Terrell
1099 F Beltline Rd.
PMB 22
Collinsville, IL 62234

I give you my address because I trust you will want to address your questions, concerns, or perhaps comments in a private manner. I have nothing to hide, but my personal story is a long one. I explain why I went to prison in the series that's due out in July. I tell my life story in the autobiography that will follow. Its just easier to get the whole story out at once.

Did you notice that I used the word trust?

That word is taken too lightly just like the word "friend" we discussed Friday. Most people who use it don't value trust enough. They probably don't even know what it means to be trustworthy because of their parents.

The worste violation of trust is often perpetrated by parents who lie to their children. As Americans we learn to get started quite early too. There is Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny,and Tooth Fairy, etc. We tell children not to lie to us while lieing to them.

We might as well say, "Here's how you be a hypocrite."

I know many of you are already justifying this foolishness in your minds. Grow up and get out of your emotions. Think rationally.

This world is hard enough to figure out. Why put your own children at a bigger disadvantage? Why damage the most sacred bond a child can have for the sake of fun?

When a child learns the fantasies they've believed in all there lives aren't real, they have to wonder what else their parents have lied to them about. Of course they aren't mature enough to express this. They are left distrusting their parents and without a way to discuss it. Even if they were capable of talking about the way they feel, they are afraid to call Mommy and/or Daddy a liar.

Now we have a vulnerable child looking for someone or something to trust. Do you really want that for your kids? They may grow up with serious trust issues that will damage relationships and engender poor social skills. You don't have to take my word for it. Talk to a Developmental Psychologist.

Besides, what better way is there to instill in your children "Just because people do this thing or that thing, it doesn't make it right" than to show them how foolish people are form the child's birth?

You can say whatever you want, but I challenge everyone to prove me wrong using logic. What you may feel or are accustomed to doing is irrelevant when it comes to our agreed upon agenda to raise healthier children.

Always real,
Supaman Tion Terrell

No comments:

Post a Comment